11 September, 2008

Let the remodeling begin.....

Finally after living here for 6 years I am getting my living room painted and decorated! I thinking waiting so long made it easier to pick everything out, because I have been envisioning everything for so long. The room is based on the colors of Autumn. Deep reds, browns, gold, dark greens. Autumn is my favorite time of the year.

Vinod did all the painting. He has so much more patience than I do at that and he does a pretty good job!


I made the larger pillows. Thanks to my grandma and my friend Jonnelle, they gave me the courage to make the pillows out of the wrong side of the fabric. I even made the buttons to match! I am most proud of the cornice. I did this (with an exception to anything mathematical and involving a saw) all by myself!!!!! It really turned out well.

We put up shelves and added a new coffee table and end table to the room. The tables are wicker and so pretty.We added a new clock above the fire place. I have a friend that has the same clock and I loved it! Had to do the same. The numbers are actually stuck onto the wall. Very cool looking!

See this whole time I knew my lamps and curtains would work out beautifully!



I even got a little (well not really) something for the kitchen, a set of silverware for a giant.
We still have a few things to get and the living room will be done. Next my beach inspired bed room...2014

2 comments:

Allison said...

You go Jessica! It looks wonderful! You had been saying forever you wanted to paint that room! I bet it feels just fab everytime you walk into it! I miss my red walls :) Aren't they so fun!?

Kristi said...

Holy moly Jess, that looks friggin amazing! It doesn't even look like the same house! You did a great job and I can't wait to see it in person!