02 March, 2009

We Came, We Saw, We Ate


We drove out to Okarche about 45 minutes from the house and I will just say it was not what I expected. First you have to stalk people while they are eating to get a table. Its fend for yourself. I heard lots of "I was here first" and "we have to wait how long to push 2 tables together?" The wait alone for the chicken was an hour and we were there at 2:30 in the afternoon. The place was completely packed. I think the best part though was their fine china, wax paper for plates and when they clean a table they get a trash can and wipe everything in the can and wipe off a table. The table can be ready for the next person to sit in less than a minute!
They have chicken and pretty much only chicken....with bone. Nothing boneless! The girls ate nachos and okra and I ate okra. Vinod very much enjoyed the chicken. So it was all worth it ;)
Most likely we wont be making a trip back out there but at least we have been there and done that!

4 comments:

mommy2alex said...

Very fun!! I love the adventures that you go on, what a fun mom you are!

carriefish said...

Everyone raves about that place, but I've never seen the thrill. Good to experience once to see all the hoop-la!

Kristi said...

We tried going there a few months ago and waited 30 mins and no one came to clean the table or take our order so we got up and left! I was disappointed

Shannon said...

I've been no where in OK but I've been there - thanks to a Robbi & Chris trip, very interesting place. C fell of a chair there - that is a little more memorable than the food!